Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Living a life of circumstances.

At 23, being at the end of what they call the "five year plan" I am finishing up my victory lap around senior year. Part of this is thinking ahead in a much more specific way in the past. Not looking forward to vague ideas and hoping for the best, I find myself looking for a very specific path. This has been a large part of my reading in God's word, as I find great comfort in this uncertainty. 

I have had this feeling described as apathy, even laziness by others who do not quite understand. I have spent entirely too much of my life looking for a sense of control a crazy ideal that my destiny was completely mine to make. After I accepted Christ into my heart, I still struggled with this, but as of late I find it to be wonderful gift that my life is not my own. To live knowing there is a greater plan in place, a plan I can be a part of is the most incredible thing I could ever hope for in this life. I will keep this blog updated as my future comes together. This started out as a school assignment that I really dreaded but looking back on my thoughts written down like this, it is a great thing. (Yes, in case you wondering there are many more entries that are not published.)

To all those feeling the same way, not knowing what comes next and stressing about it. Fret not. Be reminded what Matthew says to us, and live each day serving the Lord and trusting that He has a plan that is greater than anything you could imagine.

“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. - Matthew 6:34 ESV 

No comments:

Post a Comment