Sunday, April 28, 2013

4/28/2013

4/28/2013

While listening to a sermon recently I was intrigued by something quite unusual that was said.

"Jesus did not go to the Cross for you, he went to show you how"

As I reflect back upon this, the full impact of this statement dawns on me. I had never given much thought to the full process of the crucifying process Jesus went through, but as I read more about it I begin to understand. What he did to become our Lamb must be what we face within ourselves to realize his true love and sacrifice to fully accept his grace. I feel as though it is becoming all too common to overlook transgressions by taking for granted all that was given up for us.

“And if you haven’t been to the cross, there is no salvation and there is no forgiveness.” - [Billy Graham]

Over the past week I have been convicted to take my shortcomings more to heart. Focus on them more and more, after facing the Cross when I come face to face with my Savior I want to be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment